• Migration is Beautiful

    "Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. immigration issues."

    - I am OTHER

  • Harvest of Empire

    The Untold Story of Latinos in America “We are all Americans of the New World, and our most dangerous enemies are not each other, but the great wall of ignorance between us.”

    Juan González, Harvest of Empire

Featured Post

Migration is Beautiful | Favianna Rodriguez | I am OTHER

"Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. ...

Monday, October 17, 2011

Truth is Stranger than Fiction - Where blue eyes and light skin originate from


by: Glenn Robinson

I'm not saying human eyes are directly from chimp eyes. This photo is just an example of the mutation that reminded me of another post, which together prompted me to write this post. 

When I saw this picture of the albino monkey with the blue eye, I was reminded of the theory that blue eyes, and light skin in humans are from mutations. Maybe it's not a theory. Maybe it's just a fact. All our physical differences are from mutations. Thank you Mark Wells for pointing this out in his blog post about albinos.

When I saw this video, it was the icing on the cake to reinforce the idea that mark Wells made in his blog.

Combining the photos, blog posts, videos, and NPR shows (below), it makes one view the world with a new perspective. I can't stop thinking that the hairless chimpanzee looks like my grandpa. I guess that's because chimpanzee's have about 99% the same DNA as humans. One of the most horrifying thoughts is a human / chimp chimera. The video above is about as close as I hope we get to seeing what one would look like O_O   


Defining Human Uniqueness In 'Almost Chimpanzee'





===

Glenn is a European-American married to a Mexican-American. They have two children. Glenn is interested in progressive immigration reform, and desegregation within schools and communities. He is a life long learner with interests in sociology, anthropology, psychology, history and politics.
Connect to Glenn at CommunityVillage.us

No comments:

Post a Comment