• Migration is Beautiful

    "Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. immigration issues."

    - I am OTHER

  • Harvest of Empire

    The Untold Story of Latinos in America “We are all Americans of the New World, and our most dangerous enemies are not each other, but the great wall of ignorance between us.”

    Juan González, Harvest of Empire

Featured Post

Migration is Beautiful | Favianna Rodriguez | I am OTHER

"Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. ...

Monday, April 30, 2012

Burning People


What is the obsession with burning people that my European brothers and sisters have?


In Europe women were burned to death after being accused of witchcraft, and both men and women were burned to death as punishment for a crime.









In the U.S. my African American brothers and sister(s) were burned at their lynchings.

Wikipedia says "In New York, several burnings at the stake are recorded, particularly following suspected slave revolt plots. In 1708, one woman was burnt and one man hanged. In the aftermath of the New York Slave Revolt of 1712, 20 people were burnt, and during the alleged slave conspiracy of 1741, no less than 13 slaves were burnt at the stake."



In WWII my American brothers dropped fire bombs on my Japanese brothers, sisters, children and babies in Tokyo.





In WWII my German brothers incinerated my Jewish brothers and sisters and their children and their babies, along with other groups that were deemed unworthy. I guess the little incinerator was for the babies.

















In Vietnam my United States dropped napalm on my Vietnamese brothers and sisters and their children. Read more about Kim Phuc, the most famous person who suffered napalm burns as a child and lived to speak about it.

Napalm sticks to human skin, with no practical method for removal of the burning substance. -Wikipedia





No comments:

Post a Comment