"Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. immigration issues."
- I am OTHER
The Untold Story of Latinos in America “We are all Americans of the New World, and our most dangerous enemies are not each other, but the great wall of ignorance between us.”
Juan González, Harvest of Empire
"Meet powerhouse artist/activist Favianna Rodriguez — a leading voice in the movement of artists raising awareness about U.S. ...
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
9 Healthy Ways to Communicate
These are from a flyer that I received from a StirFry Seminars movie screening of "If These Halls Could Talk"
Some of these remind me of Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Reflect back what is being said. Use their words, not yours.
- Begin where they are, not where you want them to be.
- Be curious and open to what they are trying to say.
- Notice what they are saying and what they are not.
- Emotionally relate to how they are feeling. Nurture the relationship.
- Notice how you are feeling. Be honest and authentic.
- Take responsibility for your part in the conflict or misunderstanding.
- Try to understand how their past affects who they are and how those experiences affect their relationship with you.
- Stay with the process and the relationship, not just the solution.